Home / Products / Aluminum Profiles
Aluminum profiles are produced by pushing aluminum billets through a metal die to get the standard or custom shapes. We can produce extruded profiles with the weight per meter ranging from 0.10 Kg up to 50 Kg, the largest circle size is up to 650mm for industrial applications. With in-house surface finish processing capabilities, all of our aluminum profiles can be produced in mill finish, anodized or powder coated in desired colors.
After extruding process, these aluminum extrusion profiles are precisely cut to required lengths and then sent to packaging for shipment. Our warehouse members would find a proper packaging for the profiles to protect the materials during shipping. As regard to the extrusions which need to be fabricated, they are sent to our fabrication shop for further processing.
Extruding aluminum is our specialty, we try to help our clients build their products from start to finish. To ensure the right alloy and profile shape design is selected, our engineer team is able to help our clients design their aluminum profiles from the early stages when it is necessary. An excellent designed aluminum extrusion profile shape will lead to cost effective product and constant good quality.
Know More about Aluminum Profiles and The Process
The technique of aluminum profiles is used for transforming aluminum alloy into diverse objects. These objects have a definite cross-sectional profile rendering a variety of uses. It makes the optimal use of its property of a unique blend of physical characteristics. Its malleability makes it possible for easy casting and machining. Moreover, aluminum has one-third of stiffness and density of steel that makes the resultant aluminum extrusion profile products more stable and stronger, especially when it is combined with other metals.
The process of aluminum extruding entails the following steps.
- Once the shape of the die is designed and created, the aluminum alloy’s cylindrical billet is heated to 800°F-925°F.
- This heated aluminum billet is moved to the loader. Here, the addition of lubricant to it ensures prevention from sticking to the extrusion machine, the handle, or the ram.
- Ram is used to applying substantial pressure to a dummy block, which results in pushing the aluminum billet, forcing it through the die into the container.
- Nitrogen is allowed and introduced in liquid or gaseous form through the sections of the die to avoid oxides formation. This results in the creation of an inert atmosphere. It helps in increasing the life of the die.
- The extruded part like an elongated piece passes on a run-out table which is in the same shape as the opening of the die. This part is then pulled to the cooling table. Here, aluminum profile which is just created is cooled down by fans.
- After the completion of the cooling process, the extruded aluminum is relocated for work hardening and straightening to a stretcher.
- Once the extrusions are hardened, it is brought to the saw table. It is then cut as per required lengths.
- Lastly, the extrusions are treated with heat which hardens aluminum as the aging process speeds up.
During this aluminum extrusion process, additional complexities can also be applied for customization of extruded parts. For example, piercing mandrels can be placed within the die to create hollow sections. Once the process is complete, diverse options are available to adjust in terms of texture, color, the brightness of the finish and more. Mill finish, anodizing and powder coated are the typical surface finish for the aluminum profiles.
Contact us when you are looking for a powerful manufacturer to produce the industrial aluminum profiles.
Featured Aluminum Profiles
Use our manufacturing services for your project, get in touch today!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the RFQ form to get a quote from us, we will get back to you in 24 hours!